While the Company takes ample measures to ensure that Users'' Information is protected against accidental loss or destruction as well as from malicious use by outside sources, all Users acknowledge that the Company cannot, and does not, guarantee that Users'' Information will be kept secure at all times, only that it will take all reasonable measures to secure such Information as appropriate to a site such as this Site.
1. Users may choose not to provide any of the Information requested from them on the Site. However, refusal to provide such Information would render some of the Site''s functions inaccessible to them.
2. Information collected by the Site or provided by Users will be collected and stored by the Company as follows:
2.1. Information collected by the Site regarding Users' use of the Site - The Company may track and collect the following Information automatically from the User''s computer while browsing through the site: (a) internet protocol (IP) address; (b) computer and connection Information; (c) browser version, settings and type; (d) operating system; (e) Internet Service Provider (ISP); (f) time stamps; (g) banner ads the User clicks; (h) URL traffic to, through, and from the Site; (i) Pages viewed on the Site, including length of viewing (hereinafter: "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous Information that does not personally identify the User but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving User''s experience on the Site.
The Company also uses "cookies" to customize content specific to the User's interests, to ensure that the User does not see the same advertisement repeatedly, to store the User''s password so the User will not have to re-enter it each time he visits the Site, or for any other reason.
The Company may also obtain information about the User trough other entities such as PayPal, affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners.
The Company may also collect Information about Users which will be processed and used for, inter alia, statistical analysis that will allow the Company to better the Site and the services it provides. The analyzed Information may be presented to others, outside the Company.
2.2. Information provided by Users - the Company will store all Information it receives during the registration process of Project Owners or Donors and/or Information it receives after Project is published on the Site and/or any Information it receives in any other manner. For example: (a) Information that the User provides to set up an account on the Site and contact Information such as, name and e-mail address; (b) optional Information such as Company name, and the User may choose to link his account on the Site to various networking sites such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google+, etc; (c) Project''s history; (d) Information regarding interaction between Users on the Site and any correspondence between the Company and the Users; and (e) other Information the Company is required by law to collect from the User, but excluding any payment details.
3. Without being an exhausting list the User''s Information will be used, among others, for:
Contact Information – contact Information provided by Users can be used for direct marketing by the Company and the Company may use it for the provision of direct marketing services (i.e. send Users marketing messages by others, other than the Company). The Company may send the User e-mails from time to time to let him know about Projects, special promotions, other news, offers or promotions from other Users. The User may opt out of receiving e-mails or direct marketing at any time by clicking "Unsubscribe" in any e-mail sent to him by the Company to limit these e-mails.
4. By using the Site, Users give their explicit permission to the Company to use and store all the Information as stated above. The Users will have no claim and/or suit and/or demand against the Company, its affiliates, members, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, or representatives regarding this.
5. Deletion of Information - the Company may delete stored Information of any type mentioned above, from time to time in its sole discretion. The company is not responsible to any loss of Information and the Users will have no claim and/or suit and/or demand against the Company, its affiliates, members, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, or representatives regarding this.
6. Lost or Stolen Information: the User must promptly notify the Company if its User name or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, the Company will remove that user name or password from the User''s account and update the User''s records accordingly.
7. Among others, the Site enables Users to present their ideas, publish themselves and provide others with Information regarding them. It is the Users responsibility to filter the Information they would like to be presented on the Site and available for public consumption. The Company its affiliates, members, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, or representatives are not liable for any losses or damages that a User may incur by publishing such Information, be it to himself or others and said User will indemnify the Company for any losses damages it may be held liable for by a court of law or any other competent authority.
8. Donors hereby declare that they are fully aware that the Project Owners will have access to the names and abbreviated surnames (unless they choose to remain anonymous) and locations (country) of the Donors of their Existing Project during the Active Funding Period through their Project Pages. Furthermore, when Existing Projects reach or exceed the Minimum Funding Threshold, a full list of Donors including their full names and surnames, locations (country), e-mail addresses and pledge amounts will be sent by the Company to the Projects Owners. The Users will have no claim and/or suit and/or demand against the Company, its affiliates, members, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, or representatives regarding this.
9. Subsidiaries and affiliates: the Company may share Information with present or future affiliates and/or subsidiaries and/or companies under its control and/or joint ventures and/or business partners.
13. Assets: the Company may sell, transfer or otherwise share some of its assets in connection with a merger or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such an event, Information may be one of the assets transferred.